We’re very much looking forward to welcoming students, their families and friends as they celebrate their graduations on 23rd and 24th November 2017
We know that students been looking forward to this moment, the culmination of many years hard work and study and we want their graduation day to be as special and memorable as it can possibly be.
Join us at Morning Prayer at 8:30 am or Holy Communion at 12:05 pm on your graduation day. Our short services will include prayers for all those graduating and we would be delighted to welcome you, your family and friends.
Then you can treat yourself to breakfast or bacon butties on sale from 8 am in our Welsford Restaurant. From 11 am you can enjoy a bowl of our famous Welsford Scouse or homemade soup.
Congratulations to all graduates from us here at Liverpool Cathedral.
Visiting Liverpool Cathedral during Graduations
There is restricted visitor access during the graduations. General visitors will not be able to access the main parts of the Cathedral from 8 am until 5 pm each day. We continue to welcome visitors to the Cathedral outside of these times.
You'll still be able to access our Cathedral Shop, Welsford Restaurant and Tower Experience by the Welsford Porch entrance on the right side of the building (opposite Gambia Terrace).
- The Welsford Restaurant is serving food from 8 am until 4 pm.
- The Cathedral Shop is open from 9 am until 5 pm and you can also shop online at cathedralshop.com.
- Our Tower Experience opens at 10 am, with the last ticket at 4.30 pm.
- No public parking on-site, please use other car parks nearby**
- We are always open for prayer and our staff will be available to guide you. If you’re attending a worship service, want to light a candle or say a private prayer our staff will be outside the Cathedral to direct and assist you.
- Bag searches will be in operation.
In liaison with Merseyside police, our Constables have reviewed security for large-scale events, such as graduation ceremonies. To ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and visitors, we will have increased security measures in place.
We are aware these security measures may slow down people getting into the Cathedral, so please allow extra time for your journey and entry into the Cathedral before the graduation ceremony. We apologise for any inconvenience but we are sure that you will be happy that we are taking extra precautions to keep you and our staff safe.
**Car parking suggestions near Liverpool Cathedral
You can find more information about our disability access here.