Experience ‘The Snowman’ with a live orchestra and an animation of The Bear and The Piano by David Litchfield in an amazing setting.
In the forty years since its publication in 1978, Raymond Briggs’ timeless book, The Snowman has become a children’s classic. And in 1982, the wordless book about a magical friendship between a young boy and the snowman he creates was made into an animated film, first shown on Christmas Eve. Composed by Howard Blake, the beautiful score includes the evocative ‘Walking in the Air’. Made famous by Aled Jones, it proved an immediate hit. A heart-warming perennial favourite, delighting audiences of all ages, it has become one of the soundtracks to Christmas.
You can experience the film in a truly unique way with a live, professional orchestra playing the original score along to the film shown on a large screen in the magnificent surroundings of Liverpool Cathedral. The effect will be magical and incredibly moving.
This year's performance by Carrot Productions also includes an exclusive animated film of the award-winning book The Bear and the Piano by David Litchfield. This beautifully-illustrated tale of music, friendship and adventure was first brought to the big screen in 2017, in a specially commissioned version by Carrot Productions. With music by Daniel Whibley played live by a professional orchestra, and a narration recorded by Joanna Lumley this entrancing creation looks set to become a family favourite for the next generation.
- Festive Overture (4 mins)
- The Sleigh Ride (6 mins)
- The Bear and The Piano (15 mins)
- Snowman Waltz (2 mins)
- The Snowman (26 minutes)
Unreserved seating within two areas - Front Nave and Rear Nave
Each performance lasts for one hour 20 minutes, including a 20-minute interval.
- Due to the turnaround between performances, you will not be able to access to the Cathedral before 18:40 for the 19:30 performance.
- Onsite parking is available (charged) on a first come, first served basis for the performances.
- Parking for the 19:30 show will be limited.
- Refreshments are available at both intervals, along with merchandise.
- Please bring cash as cards will not be accepted.
Images© Snowman Enterprises Limited