Electrician - Full Time
Salary – up to £30k (depending on experience)
Free on-site parking
Contributory pension scheme
An exciting new position has arisen for an Electrician to work in Liverpool Cathedral. This role will be part of a small team which is responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical power supplies to the Cathedral, Cathedral Estate and Cathedral Housing ensuring that all electrical works and alterations are in accordance with the relevant NICEIC Institute Electrical Engineers (IEE) and British Standards.
- The position is 37.5 hours per week covering 5 days per week. Hours of work will be 8.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break, however flexibility will be required and additional hours may be available.
- Salary is competitive and dependant on experience.
- Benefits include a Defined Contributions pension scheme, free parking and 25 days annual holiday.
The person we are looking for will:
- Hold a valid Electrotechnical Certification Card (Installation Electrician) or equivalent competency based electrical qualification
- Have a minimum of 5 years installation experience
- Have a full range of knowledge, skill and electrical competency to undertake the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance/alteration works to electrical installations to current version of BS 7671
- Be a team player, personable and approachable
- Display good communication skills
Knowledge of working on historical buildings and in the commercial and education sector would also be desirable.
How to apply:
If you wish to be considered for this role please complete the application form after reviewing the job description and person specification. Please forward the application form on to Ian Prescott via email on –
Or by post to: Ian Prescott, Clerk of Works, Liverpool Cathedral, St James’ Mount, Liverpool L1 7AZ
The closing date for applications is 29th September 2017.
The recruitment is being managed in-house and we would therefore ask agencies to refrain from contacting us.