Electrician – Full time, permanent
An opportunity has arisen for an Electrician to work in Liverpool Cathedral. This role will be part of a small team which is responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical power supplies to the Cathedral, Cathedral Estate and Cathedral Housing ensuring that all electrical works and alterations are in accordance with the relevant NICEIC Institute Electrical Engineers (IEE) and British Standards.
- The position is 37.5 hours per week covering 5 days per week. Hours of work will be 8.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break, however flexibility will be required and additional hours may be available.
- Salary is £26,000 dependant on experience.
- Benefits include a Defined Contributions pension scheme, free parking and 25 days annual holiday.
The person we are looking for will:
- Hold a valid Electrotechnical Certification Card (Installation Electrician) or equivalent competency based electrical qualification
- Have a minimum of 5 years installation experience
- Have a full range of knowledge, skill and electrical competency to undertake the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance/alteration works to electrical installations to current version of BS 7671
- Be a team player, personable and approachable
- Display good communication skills
Knowledge of working on historical buildings and in the commercial and education sector would also be desirable.
How to apply:
Ian Prescott – Clerk of Works - via email on email@example.com
Please return completed application form, along with CV and covering letter to:
Clerk of Works,
St James’ Mount,
Or via email to Ian Prescott – Clerk of Works - firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 19th June 2017.
This recruitment is being managed by the Liverpool Cathedral and we would therefore ask agencies to refrain from contacting us.