You can buy a Tower Experience Ticket 10 am to 5 pm in our Cathedral Shop.
Our popular Tower Experience is open
Monday to Friday – from10 am until 5 pm, last ticket 4.30 pm*.
Saturday – from 9 am until 5 pm, last ticket 4.30pm.
Sunday – from12 noon until 4 pm, last ticket 3.30pm.
* Later on Twilight Thursdays.
We may change this for different seasons and during special services.
Get the best from your visit
We want all visitors to have the best possible experience whilst visiting our cathedral and value the welcome we offer. We are first and foremost a place of worship and to make sure we offer the best possible worship we restrict access when we have services.
To enable us to offer our regular congregations the finest worship we are unable to receive group visitors on a Sunday between 8 am and 12 noon. Visitors are more than welcome to join us for our Sunday worship but otherwise, we advise you to avoid coming to our cathedral on a Sunday morning. We will be delighted to welcome groups and visitors.in the afternoon when you will get the best possible visit. We thank you for your cooperation.
The Lady Chapel on a Sunday
We are delighted that the presence of our Sepas congregation and the strength of other worship services means that the Lady Chapel is used for most of a Sunday. If you wish to see the beautiful chapel then you may wish to visit on a different day.
Will your visit be affected?
To find out if your visit is affected then go to our worship pages
For information about events or services that may affect your visit check our Facebook Pages or Twitter Feed
Our attractions ticket
This popular offer gives you our film and audio tour and access to the tower.
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) £15
You can buy your tower experience ticket from our Cathedral Shop.
Visiting Liverpool Cathedral during Graduations
We’re very much looking forward to welcoming LJMU students, their families and friends as they celebrate their graduations on 23rd and 24th November.
There is restricted visitor access during the graduations. General visitors will not be able to access the main parts of the Cathedral from 8 am until 5 pm each day for LJMU graduations. We will continue to welcome visitors to the Cathedral outside these times.
You'll still be able to access our Cathedral Shop, Welsford Restaurant and Tower Experience by the Welsford Porch entrance on the right side of the building (opposite Gambia Terrace).
- The Welsford Restaurant is serving food from 8 am until 4 pm.
- The Cathedral Shop is open from 9 am until 5 pm and you can also shop online at cathedralshop.com.
- Our Tower Experience opens at 10 am, with the last ticket at 4.30 pm.
- There is no public parking on-site from 8 am until 5 pm each day, please use other car parks nearby**
- We are always open for prayer and our staff will be available to guide you. If you’re attending a worship service, want to light a candle or say a private prayer our staff will be outside the Cathedral to direct and assist you.
- Bag searches will be in operation.
**Car parking suggestions near Liverpool Cathedral