General information for your visit to us
Occasionally the Cathedral, or parts of it, may need to close or only offer restricted access for a service, special event or day-to-day maintenance. We try to minimise these periods as much as we can, as we know that people travel long distances to visit us.
Please remember to check for last-minute changes prior to your visit as some events, such as funerals, are only arranged at short notice.
Check our Facebook page or Twitter.
† Please note The Lady Chapel is not available to visitors on a Sunday due to our regular worship services.
Journey up the impressive Liverpool Cathedral Tower and experience breathtaking panoramic rooftop views of Liverpool and beyond. Click here to find out more.
Open seven days a week
- Monday to Friday from 10 am until 5 pm*
- Saturday from 9 am until 5 pm*
- Sunday from 12 noon until 4 pm*
Tower Experience Ticket
You can buy your tickets from the Cathedral Shop or in advance online here. *Last ticket purchase for the Tower 30 mins before closing.
- Standard £5.50
- Concessions £4.50
- Family (two adults and up to three children) £15
Experience a sunset across the river on our Twilight Thursday evenings, click here to find out more.
Want something to remember your visit by? Pick up a souvenir or a book from our award-winning shop. Feeling thirsty or a bit peckish? Enjoy refreshments in our café and restaurant.
Our award-winning shop is full of gifts, cards and books. You can also shop online Check out our online shop
- Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm
- Sundays from 12 pm to 4 pm
A lighter bite café with a great view plus Wi-Fi access. Find out more, by clicking here
- Monday to Friday 9:15 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturdays 9:15 am to 2:30 pm
- Closed Sundays
Locally sourced, freshly prepared food, from our extensive menu. Find out more by clicking this link.
- Monday to Friday from 11:45 am to 3 pm
- Saturdays from 11:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Sundays: lunch served from 12 noon to 4 pm.
From 4 pm to 5 pm serving cake and drinks.