Sir Giles Gilbert Scott Suite
- Single level access from car park into, and throughout, the conference facilities.
- Car parking near the suite has three widened spaces (240cm x 480cm with access to rear and 1200mm gap between) designated for disabled parking on left-hand side of entrance.
- Large open plan meeting areas.
- Double doors into both conference rooms.
- Lift up to main Cathedral floor.
- Hearing loop and Wi-fi available as standard.
- Level entry into shop via main double doors (210cm aperture - always fully open) or via side door (91cm aperture).
- Large and spacious shop, assistance dogs are welcome.
- Shop counter lowered on one side to assist wheelchair users.
- Portable and cable free credit card machine.
- Shop staff will gladly offer assistance with out of reach items.
- Accessible via lift.
- Designated spaces for wheelchair users.
- Induction loop.
- Level entry.
- External viewing camera with joystick control and large plasma screen at the base of the tower for insight into views from the Cathedral Tower for those who can not access lifts or stairs to the tower.
Attractions (displays, exhibits etc.)
- Most interactive displays for audio tour are on a single level except one, accessible via a chair lift.
- Interactive displays are pictorial and some are accompanied with Braille text.
- BSL tour available for those with a hearing impairment using portable DVD players.
- Nine language options for the audio tour.
- Twenty six language options for the Welcome leaflet.
- Braille version of English Welcome leaflet available on request (to be returned after use).
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters are provided at many large services.
- Walkways are mainly level concrete and block paving.
- Benches are provided around the grounds for people to rest.
- Good, clear pictorial signage.
- 24 hour staffed Constable’s Lodge.
Lady Chapel - We have an accessible lift that enables visitors to access the floor of the Lady Chapel.
General: All front of house staff and volunteers have been or are undertaking disability awareness training and also the Cathedral’s features and equipment.
All assistance dogs are welcome and can be provided with water bowls on request.
Telephone: 0151 709 6271 Fax: 0151 702 7292
Address: Liverpool Cathedral, St James’ Mount, Liverpool, L1 7AZ
Opening Hours: 8.00am-6.00pm daily (Christmas Day: 8am to 3.30pm)
Merseycabs: 0151 733 3393
Local Public Transport: 0871 200 22 33
We continually work with individuals and groups to improve our provision and all feedback is collected and responded to via our suggestion board and comments boxes.