Contact Christopher.Newton@liverpoolcathedral.org.uk to book a place on our open day, or reserve an audition space.
- Saturday 24 June, 10.30 am - 12:00 pm
For boys in schools years 2-5
- Saturday 1 July, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
For girls in year 5
- Saturday 8th July, 10.00 am - 12:00 pm
Boys: Schools years 2-5
Girls: in Year 5
The Liverpool Cathedral music department offers a musical engagement opportunity for every age. Through our early-years education programme, Schools Singing Programme, junior and youth choirs, traditional Cathedral Choir, adult choirs, collection of taught courses and our Festival of Music, you can be sure to find a programme to fit your needs and standard. Please select from the list to read about the different groups.
In recent years the Cathedral Choir has travelled throughout the world giving performances at many prestigious venues, in its own right and with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- 2022: Isle of Man (Boys and Girls)
- 2021: Oxford (Boys and Girls)
- 2020: Lisbon (Boys and Girls)
- 2019: Malta (Boys and Girls)
- 2018: Hannover (Boys) with RLPO
- 2017: Texas USA (Boys & Girls)
- 2014: New York (Boys & Girls)
- 2013: Carlisle (Boys & Girls)
- 2012: Estonia (Boys)
- 2011: Poland (Girls)
- 2010: Paris (Boys), Oxford (Girls)
- 2009: Oxford (Boys), Poland (Girls)
- 2008: Cologne (Boys)
- 2007: Riga (Boys)
- 2006: Venice (Boys), Cologne (Girls)
- 2005: Amsterdam (Boys)
- 2004: Cologne (Boys)
- 2003: Prague
- 2002: Catalonia Barcelona, Sitges & Monserrat.
- 2001: Belgium - Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent & Malines.
- 2000: Czech Republic - Dvorak Festival & the conclusion of Prague Spring Festival
- 1999: Paris area, incl. St. Louis en L’Ile and Chatres Cathedral
- 1995: Southern France concerts in LA Tour de France
- 1994: Lille, Concert Hall Lille
- 1993: Tokyo, New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra, accompanied with Paul McCartney
Alongside rehearsals and performances, the choristers enjoy a mixed programme of sightseeing and other activities, to broaden their knowledge of the country they are visiting. They are encouraged to experience the local culture and language, which contributes to their general and musical education.
Cathedral Music Trust
Cathedral Music Trust aims to enrich the present and secure the future of cathedral music, campaigning on behalf of cathedral musicians and teams, supporting their work through grants, whilst continuing to encourage the pursuit of excellence in sacred choral and organ music. We are very grateful to the Cathedral Music Trust’s ongoing support of Liverpool Cathedral’s music department, which has helped us to sustain our choirs and our outreach work with young people from across Merseyside.