The Junior Choir offers young children a gentle and fun introduction to choral singing. It rehearses weekly on Wednesdays 4.30-5.45pm at the Cathedral. The choir gives several performances at the cathedral each year and leads the music at choral evensong once each term.
Learning to Sing and Perform Together
Children in the Junior Choir learn to sing and perform as part of a tightly-knit team and group of friends. They'll learn a range of music from sacred to contemporary and be looked after by a team of staff and volunteer supervisors, all of whom have gone through the DBS process. Children will have the option of audiioning for the Cathedral Choir from around the age of 8, or staying in the Junior Choir until they are 11 and then joining our youth choir (the Gilbert Scott Singers) .
How Does a Child Join?
Please email Dr. Christopher Newton at email@example.com requesting an application form for the Junior Choir. There is no audition for this choir, so any child who loves to sing can join. We have capacity for 60 children in the choir at any one time. Although we can take on new members at any time during the year, the best time for a child to join is at the start of a school term.
Examples of Recent & Forthcoming Junior Choir Concerts and Services:
- May 19: All Ages Sing at Liverpool Cathedral
- Dec 19: Carols at Alder Hey Children's Hospital
- Dec 19: Liverpool ECHO Carol Service
- Mar 2020: Evensong in the Lady Chapel of the Cathedral]
- Mar 2020: Junior Choir Young Instrumentalists Concert in the Lady Chapel
- Dec 2020: Virtual performance with the Junior Choir of the Metropolitan Cathedral
- Jul 2021: Promenade Concert for Launch of the Liturgy and Music Foundation Day
- Oct 2021: Choral Evensong in the Presbytery of Liverpool Cathedral
- Dec 2021: Christmas Concert at Liverpool Cathedral
- Dec 2021: Family Christmas Carol Service at Liverpool Cathedral