Liverpool Cathedral Sleepout
Liverpool Cathedral Sleepout is back!
Join us on Friday 8 April as we partner with the Whitechapel Centre to raise money to help tackle homelessness in our city.
Everyone deserves a place to call home, and by spending one night away sleeping in Liverpool Cathedral, your fundraising efforts will help us support as many local people as possible.
All you need to do to take part is bring a responsible adult with you, and ask your friends and family to sponsor you to raise a minimum of £50.
The night itself will be lots of fun, with games, stories and shelter building. The Sleepout costs £5.00 per person.
What happens on the day of the event?
- 7.30pm to 8.30pm - Arrive at the Cathedral for registration and to find yourself your spot where you'll sleep
- 8.30pm to 10.00pm - Activities and entertainment
- 10.00pm to 11.00pm - Quiet time and bedding down
- 11.00pm onwards - Time to get some sleep
Saturday 9th April
- 7.00am onwards - You've done it! Time to pack down, grab your certificate and make your way home
What do I need to bring?
- Yourself, and if you are under 18, a supervising adult.
- Board Games
- Materials for your den: cardboard, something comfy to sleep on (e.g. camping/floor/yoga mat)
- Sleeping Bag, Pillows and Blankets
- Snacks and a drink - the cafe will be open for light refreshments until about 10pm, however, you are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks
Please don’t bring:
- Valuables (We cannot accept responsibility for valuables brought onsite)
- Alcohol (this is an alcohol free event - please don't bring any onsite)
- So you understand what it might be like to be without gadgets and technology, we'd like to keep technology to a minimum and so you’ll enjoy the atmosphere of the Cathedral. - If you do bring please keep the volume to a minimum.
What do I need to do before the event?
- We’re challenging everyone taking part to raise £50 or more each.
- There will be a prize for the individual and the group who raises the most money.
- Once you have registered for the event, you’ll be able to set-up a Give as you Live donate online fundraising page. This is really quick and easy to use plus it makes it easier for people to sponsor you. You don't have to worry about collecting sponsorship money from everyone if you are sponsored online.
After registering, you'll receive a welcome email. With information about:
- Setting up your online sponsorship page.
- Downloading a hard copy sponsor form.
- Tips to help you reach your fundraising target.
Looking for more info? You can find the sleepout site, here.