Encountering Prayer Beads
A Prayer Tool: “An object that helps people connect with God”
“Using a prayer tool such as Prayer Beads is an ancient practice which can be traced back to the early Christian church, when stones, pebbles, knotted rope or fringed cloth were all used to help Christians to focus whilst praying - long pre-dating different church denominations and worship styles.” Prayer Beads may be used in a number of ways, their primary purpose being to help enrich someone’s Christian journey and help to focus and deepen their prayer life, in whichever way they find most helpful.
As a new initiative and part of the Cathedral’s Lenten disciplines this year, we are encouraging people to consider using Prayer Beads, privately and /or within the context of our Morning Prayer Services.
The use of Prayer Beads is not specific to Lent, being equally suited to use at any time throughout the liturgical year.
Each Prayer Beads set contains:-
- 1 x hand-crafted set, created by a member of Liverpool Cathedral– all individual - comprised of…
- 1 x authenticated Olive wood holding cross made in Bethlehem.
- Collection of beads, made from materials including – glass, wood, stone, Haematite, Agate, Malachite, etc.
- Professional quality, multi-strand coated beading wire for flexibility and durability.
- 1 x 4 page booklet (A5 size) about Prayer beads and their use.
- 2 x encapsulated prayer cards (A5 size), with examples of ways to use beads.
- 1 x Organza pouch to keep the beads in.
- 1 x Authentication for the Bethlehem Holy Land Olive wood cross.
- Large print copies of the booklet & prayers are available on request at an additional cost of 50p.
- Prayer beads are not toys and contain many small parts – they are not suitable for small children.
Introductory Price £10.00 cash payment / £10.40 card payment
We are charged for every card transaction
£2.50 from the sale of each set will be donated towards the Cathedral’s work and mission as it builds back following the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Optional hand stitched carry pouches to fit Prayer Beads with prayer cards and booklet are available to order at an additional cost of £5.00 cash payment / £5.30 card payment
These have been created by one of the Cathedral Prayer Shawl Ministry stitchers and £4.00 from the sale of each pouch will be donated to the Cathedral.
For more information and availability please contact:-
Mrs. Stella Barnes - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canon Neal - email: Neal.Barnes@liverpoolcathedral.org.uk