An important role in our newly formed digital marketing team, the digital marketing apprentice will support the Digital Marketing Manager and our communications team in improving our digital offer across key web and social media platforms as well as providing digital support to key cathedral campaigns.
The role tasks are to:
- work with the Cathedral colleagues to produce content in the forms of blogs, articles, videos, imagery and web copy that meets the aims and strategic objectives of the Cathedral.
- maintain website content to ensure it is all up to date and accurate.
- support the Digital Marketing Manager in providing analytics and implementing SEO best practice to drive web traffic and generate leads.
- write and edit content to promote the Cathedral entertainment products, worship activities, heritage offering and educational services (music and faith) by telling compelling stories through digital content.
- support operational departments in the improvement of their digital footprint.
- ensure all content produced is of appropriate style and tone; and meets all internal and external guidelines and meets the brand guidelines and formats required by social media networks.
- to support the cathedral on key promotional campaigns
- collating content from internal stakeholders.
- checking validity of content, ensuring dates, titles and all information relating to content is correct.
- preparing and uploading content to digital platforms, starting with our website ready for sign-off by Digital Marketing Manager (DMM), Digital Communications Officer (DCO) or Communications Manager (CM) as required.
- maintaining ‘business as usual’(general events/worship) social media scheduling under direction from Senior Digital Marketing Officer.
- under the supervision of the DMM, gather digital marketing benchmarking information from a defined list including other faith institutions, heritage venues and entertainment venues to help inform the digital strategy.
- potential supervision of photographer, videographers working on particular projects
Apply for this role here
This is a degree apprenticeship through Manchester Metropolitan University. Full course details can be found here
Closing Date: 2nd August 2021
Interview: 10th August 2021
If you have some spare time, why not join our volunteer team at Liverpool Cathedral? The skills, time and passion of our volunteers help make every encounter at Liverpool Cathedral special. So if you're interested in welcoming people to our building or helping us fundraise, please contact Jenny Moran.
T: 0151 702 7284
Find out more about our volunteers.