Liverpool Cathedral is more than an iconic building. It’s a vibrant, active place that the people of the city, regions and world encounter in many ways.
Encounter is how a gala dinner relates to a school trip. Encounter is how a tourist visit relates to an awards ceremony. Encounter is how they all relate to our main purpose of prayer, worship and service. People encounter us in many ways. But in each way, we hope they encounter a warm welcome and sense of God.
Because of Covid-19 many encounters haven’t happened
- 500,000 visitors not welcomed
- 50,000 tower trips not taken
- 50,000 candles of hope not lit
- 15,000 volunteer hours not given
- 10,000 school-children not welcomed/taught/leaver assemblies
- 1,000 services/public acts of worship not taken place
- 500 hours of choral music not sung
In addition to this our social justice charity Micah has been more in demand than ever as families across Merseyside need increased help. Our clergy have been reaching out even more to the most vulnerable in our congregations, many of whom live alone and have had to undertake social shielding.
or text LIVCATHEDRAL to 70085 to donate £5 now.