Sir Giles Gilbert Scott Suite
- Single-level access from the car park into, and throughout, the conference facilities.
- The car park has designated bays for disabled drivers parking
- Large open plan meeting areas.
- Double doors into both conference rooms.
- Lift up to the main Cathedral floor.
- Hearing loop and Wi-fi available as standard
- Level entry into the shop via main double doors (210cm aperture - always fully open) or via side door (91cm aperture).
- It is a large and spacious shop, assistance dogs are welcome.
- Shop counter lowered on one side to assist wheelchair users.
- Portable and cable-free credit card machine.
- Shop staff will gladly offer assistance with hard to reach items.
- External viewing camera with joystick control and large plasma screen at the base of the tower for insight into views from the Cathedral Tower for those who can not access lifts or stairs to the tower.
Attractions, Displays, Exhibits, and Services
- Interactive displays are pictorial and some are accompanied with Braille text.
- Many language options for the 'Welcome' leaflet
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters are provided at many of our large services and once a month at one of our regular services.
- Walkways are mainly level concrete and block paving.
- Benches are provided around the grounds for people to rest.
- Good, clear pictorial signage.
- 24 hour staffed Constable’s Lodge.
Lady Chapel - We have an accessible lift that enables visitors to access the floor of the Lady Chapel.
General: All front-of-house staff and volunteers have been or are undertaking disability awareness training and also the Cathedral's features and equipment.
All assistance dogs are welcome and can be provided with water bowls on request.
Telephone: 0151 709 6271 Fax: 0151 702 7292
Address: Liverpool Cathedral, St James’ Mount, Liverpool, L1 7AZ
Opening Hours vary, see our visiting times' webpage (opens in a new window)
Merseycabs: 0151 733 3393
Local Public Transport: 0871 200 22 33
We continually work with individuals and groups to improve our provision and all feedback is collected and responded to via our suggestion board and comments boxes.